Friday, February 17, 2012

2011 Golf GTI - Final Renders!


It's finally done!

Well, this angle was rendered in Blender's new render engine, Cycles, at 1000 samples - took just over five hours to finish.  I did have to erase a few "fireflies" (high-contrast pixels that appear with certain materials - hey, the engine's still in development, it happens) but other than that this is 100% Cycles :D


This one was rendered at 250 samples in roughly 45-50 minutes:



I'd also like to send out some thank-yous to everyone here who faved and commented on the WIP snapshots, as well as to DDD and TyrantMonkey over on BlenderArtists.org :D

...and now onto my next car model!

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! I'm sorry to say I haven't been online much recently so I haven't been viewing people's blogs as much, but I must say you've come a long way since the last time I visited here :D

    ReplyDelete